new background

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Creative expression

Well, I'm back with another crazy project! I have some funky material I wanted to use, but wasn't sure what to make! Ever been there? So I decided to make a purse organizer (after being embarrassed about carrying certain things in plain view in my homemade purse). I came up with the pattern in my head and then set about sewing it together. Midway through I had to think about how I encourage my daughters when they are doing difficult projects. 1. Persevere, it will be worth it. 2. If it makes you soooooo angry, leave it and cool off for a while. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE BINDING! It's bugger stuff made to un-nerve the best of seamstresses. I had already committed to doing the seams on the outside, and thus, committed to binding. Lord , help me! It's done and quite useful, but no claims are made in the professional department!
I did experiment with using craft foam in the center pocket for reinforcement. I like! You can sew through the foam and still keep the shape.

So I want to know what you tell your kids when a projects brings them to frustration and tears. Comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment