new background

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bunnies and Gunk

So! Or, shall I say, Sew! I have been working on some new things for my shop and also some special requests. One request was for an Easter table runner. I was browsing Pinterest and came across a blogger who made the cutest things. I went to her blog and found the perfect idea for a spring table runner: bunnies!
 
This is her version. A bunny quilt wallhanging. She has a Sizzix machine to cut out her bunnies once they are bonded to a light fusible backing. I don't have that, so I just took one of her pictures and enlarged the bunny.  I cut it out and glued it to light weight cardboard. Then I fused some springy fabrics to Heat-n-Bond backing, traced the bunny, and cut them out by hand. I made the horrible mistake of using the heavy backing instead of light, so I had to clean my needle every few inches when I was appliqueing by machine. I used a whole bunch of scrap pieces for my border. It turned out really cute, but was so much work since I used the wrong backing! Read the package first!!
 
 
 
 
Anyway, here is mine:
 
 
 
 
I just may have to keep this one!! haha!
New in my shop:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/184734466/russian-dolls-shopping-tote-bag?ref=shop_home_active_1


Take a look at our website for our mission!
http://sotxandeanboendeavors.com/
 

1 comment: