new background

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sprung

I think I must have blinked. Where did spring go??? It is already in the 90s here and our little bunnies are suffering! We jumped straight from nice and cool to blazing hot. Welcome to South Texas! Although I would wish for a real spring, I will not complain. We did not have the never ending winter here, and that is why I love living here.
 
Ok, how about projects? I will share some things I've been working on in the past week.
First, I made 10 cute zipper pouches for a fellow short term missionary. We love the Russian doll fabric!! Putting in 10 little zippers was not the most fun thing I've ever done in my life, let me tell you. However, the finished pouches are so adorable!
 
 
 
Next, I altered a fancy smancy gown for a friend. That was the first time I had ever used a tiny rolled hem foot on my sewing machine. I must give a shout out to my two younger daughters who rubbed my shoulders and patted my head while I yelled at the machine. I watched multiple tutorials on how to use the rolled hem foot and most of them were not helpful. Only one helped me.....for future reference; you need to kind of have the fabric rolled in a nice tube before it gets to the foot for a nice, smooth outcome.
And I have to throw in a picture of adorable bunnies here. I think the little brown ones look like cow hide. I know that is tremendously uncute, but there it is. All 14 babies are growing quickly and can now jump in and out of their nesting box. (Their mothers do not appreciate this).
And my last baking exploration: Low carb, sugar free peanut butter cookies.
My dear hubby tries to avoid sugar in any way, shape, or form, so chocolate chips are out. We also do not eat anything with synthetic sweeteners. So, I tweaked my fabulous low carb and mostly sugar free chocolate chip cookie recipe. The result was a nice cocoa peanut butter cookie worthy of a large glass of milk. Hubby can't stop eating them, so I guess they are a hit. Want my recipe?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (Low carb and sugar free)
1 stick of softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup hazelnut flour (you can sub almond flour if that is your choice)
1 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Stir it all together and bake rounded tablespoon size balls on a cookie sheet for 9 minutes at 350 degrees. (I did the old fashioned criss cross pattern with a fork on mine and hubby was duly impressed).


Hey, please pop over to my shop and check out my bags! https://www.etsy.com/listing/185692008/essential-oil-carrying-case-purse-red?ref=shop_home_feat_3


Also, please support our trip to Bolivia in September. If you would like to check out our mission page and see what we are going to do, go here:  http://sotxandeanboendeavors.com/


Thanks!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment